Saturday, January 13, 2007

Cauliflower Popcorn

I am supposed to be going back to Phase I of South Beach. Puddleglum made pizzelles tonight, and I ate several. Tomorrow is a new day, right? Kalyn at Kalyn's Kitchen has been posting some great recipes for Phase I. I found a couple of videos on YouTube that were very appropriate. I found this one that showed how to roast spaghetti squash which really isn't complicated. He also does this one about popcorn squash which is something I'd like to try. I had read this post on Heidi Swanson's 101 Cookbooks about Cauliflower Popcorn. It sounds good, and I thought if I planned ahead, I could have a batch of this ready for me on those movie nights when Puddleglum and crew are munching on that high carb kettle corn that they love so much. I also found this very sweet by sort of long video about making cauliflower popcorn. I try to keep my favorite videos as those that are under three minutes, but this one is an exception (it's six minutes). It sounds like the cauliflower is tastiest if it is very well done. Since my food blog is more of the "mommy" variety, I thought this video was very fitting. I know I haven't done an original post in a bit. Yesterday (Friday) Puddleglum made grilled salmon, spinach, brocolli, and seaweed & rice. In the middle of the meal, I remembered that I should have taken a picture. Then today we made chicken and dumplings, but I have already done a post about that. I need to start thinking like a food blogger.

No comments: